My Guide Website?
Johannesburg: 4-Day Classic Kruger National Park Safari3 Reviews
- Exciting 4-hour sunset drive and a sunrise drive on Balule Big Five Reserve
- Taste a magical bush barbecue under the stars at Marula Tree Boma deep in the African bush
- Embark on a 4-hour bush walk with armed rangers
- Take in a full-day game drive in the famous Kruger National Park
- Marvel at scenic highlights of Blyde River Canyon, including Three Rondawels
DescriptionDay One: Start your tour with pickup from all hotels, guesthouses, and private homes in Gauteng, as well as from Johannesburg Airport. Travel via the Highveld farmlands to the picturesque subtropical Lowveld and on to Tremisana Game Lodge in the Balule Section of the Kruger Park. After a short break, during which you may unwind at the bar, have a swim or relax in the tropical gardens, then board the open Landcruiser for a 4-hour Sunset Drive. Your guide will show you various animals and birds. After dark, use spotlights to locate nocturnal species. Dinner will be a Bush Braai in a Marula Tree Boma deep in the African bush. Spend the night in comfortable airconditioned en suite thatch-roofed chalets. Day Two: Awaken at sunrise for an exhilarating day of unforgettable bush life. Drive to a remote venue, where you’ll enjoy a 4-hour “walk in the wild.” Your experienced field guides will lead you through the bush at a pace you can handle in search of the Big Five. The thrill of following Africa’s large animals until you are close enough to take a decent photo will remain with you forever. Adrenalin surges will be acute, notwithstanding the fact that your rangers are adequately armed in case of danger. Return to Tremisana for brunch. Later you may sleep in your air-conditioned chalet or swim in the pool. Visit the game viewing Hide overlooking Tremisana Dam. Lunch will be served at 1:30 PM. At 3:30 PM, enjoy a 4-hour Sundowner Game Drive. On the game drive, your rangers will be in radio contact, so as to keep us informed of the movements of the game. Return to Tremisana at around 7:30 PM. Day Three: Travel to the Orpen Gate of Kruger Park, where you’ll board your open Gameviewer. The absence of windows and the elevated vantage position allow for excellent photographic opportunities. You will have an amazing chance not only to view game, but also to listen to and smell the African bush and its denizens. There will be regular stops at picnic spots, rest camps, and places of interest. Your experienced ranger will show you many animals and birds that frequent this wildlife paradise. The Orpen-Satara-Nwanedzi regions boast open plains and support large herds of zebra, giraffe, and antelope that attract numerous predators. In fact, the zones you’ll visit have the highest concentration of lions in Africa. Day Four: Enjoy an early morning Sunrise Drive on the Open Landcruiser. After a hearty breakfast, there will be time to purchase some memorabilia from the shop and take your last photos of the luxuriant lush gardens at Tremisana. Then, drive to the awesome Three Rondawels and the Blyde River Canyon. Return to Gauteng in the late afternoon. Airport drop-off is available by arrangement.
IncludesAll entrance fees, conservation fees, and taxes All breakfasts and dinners All game drives and bush walks Pickup and drop-off at OR Tambo International Airport or any JHB Hotel Free Wifi
- Transfers to the lodges are included in the package
- All transfers that depart from O R Tambo International Airport - JNB depart no later than 9:30 AM and flights should be booked accordingly; allowance needs to be made for disembarking and customs to meet your driver on time
- Drop-off at the airport is available by 5 PM on the last day of the tour; again, allowance needs to be made for check-in and boarding, so please bear this in mind when booking flights
- You will be picked up from your JHB Hotel (location dependent) or airport on the day of departure as mentioned
- It is recommended to book accommodations either at O R Tambo Airport or in Sandton City
- Tariffs are all-inclusive; lunches on transfer days and days spent in Kruger Park, drinks and items of a personal nature are not included in the package
- Stops are made during the transfer days for lunches; during game drives in Kruger Park stops are made at rest camps for lunch