My Guide Website?
From Johannesburg: Cradle of Humankind and Lion Safari25 Reviews
Take a full-day tour to the Cradle of Humankind, situated just outside Johannesburg and Pretoria. Visit the Lion Park, the Sterkfontein Caves, and Maropeng.
- Visit the Cradle of Humankind, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Take a 1-hour tour of the Sterkfontein Caves
- Learn the secrets of human ancestry at the Maropeng Visitor Center
- Embark on an open-vehicle safari through the Lion Park with a local guide
- See majestic lions, speedy cheetahs, and wild dogs up close in the Lion Park
DescriptionDiscover the Cradle of Humankind on this full-day tour from Johannesburg. Explore the Lion and Safari park, go on an underground cave tour, and enjoy Maropeng's interactive exhibits. Begin your day with a pickup from your Johannesburg hotel. Head to the Lion and Safari Park and see lions, cheetahs, wild dogs, giraffes, and antelopes up close. Snap photos of these beautiful animals before going on an open-vehicle safari through the lion enclosures with your guide. Next, enjoy some time to experience the 5 dome shopping center before going to the Cradle of Humankind. Go on a 1-hour tour of the Sterkfontein caves, marvel at the beauty of these magnificent caves, and see where archaeologists discovered hominid fossils. After your cave tour, enjoy lunch before visiting Maropeng, a world-class interactive exhibition center and museum. Learn about evolution and the discoveries at the Sterkfontein caves before returning to your Johannesburg hotel.
IncludesPickup from your hotel or guesthouse in Johannesburg, Sandton, or Pretoria Driver/guide 1-hour open safari 1-hour underground cave tour Visit to Maropeng Exhibition Center Drinks in the vehicle Lunch
- You should wear closed shoes for walking in the cave. The tour into the cave is not suitable for people with back problems, but they can walk through the museum.