My Guide Website?
From Johannesburg: 6-Day Classic Kruger National Park Safari
On this 6-day safari, enjoy a sunset game drive, an exciting bush barbecue, a 4-hour bush walk with an armed ranger, 2 full days in the Kruger Park, a sunrise drive, a visit to Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Johannesburg:If youʻre booking your trip to Johannesburg last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Johannesburg: Lion Park Safari and Cultural Village Tour
- Johannesburg: Taste of Africa Food Tour
- From Johannesburg: Pilanesberg Nature Reserve Game Safari
- Johannesburg: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus with Optional Soweto Tour
- Johannesburg: Maboneng Walking Tour
- Take an exciting 4hr sunset drive and a sunrise drive on Balule Big Five Reserve
- Savor a magical bush barbecue under the stars at Marula Tree Boma deep in the African bush
- Embark on a 4-hour bush walk with armed rangers
- Take 2 full-day game drives in the famous Kruger National Park
- Visit Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre for orphaned and injured animals
DescriptionDay 1 Pick up from your hotel in JHB or O.R. Tambo Airport and travel via the Highveld grasslands to Tremisana Game Lodge in the Kruger Park. Board an open Landcruiser for a 4h Sunset Drive, your first opportunity to experience the fauna and flora of Africa. Watch the magnificent African sunset and, after dark, use a spotlight to view nocturnal animals. Dinner at the Marula Tree Boma will be a BUSH BBQ. After dinner, continue with your Night Drive and overnight in en suite air conditioned chalets. Day 2 At sunrise we drive to the Olifants River for a 4h Bush Walk. Your rangers will show you many secrets of the bush. Adrenalin surges will be acute even if your rangers are adequately armed. Return to Tremisana for brunch. Later you may sleep in your airconditioned chalet, swim or read wildlife magazines in our Lapa. Lunch will be served at 13h30. At 15h30 we enjoy a SUNDOWNER Game Drive. Dinner and overnight at Tremisana. Day 3 Drive to Kruger Park in your custom-built open-sided Gameviewer. You will view game without intervening glass windows and also listen to and smell the denizens of the bush. The Orpen-Satara-Nwanedzi region has open plains that attract large herds of zebra, giraffe and antelope that, in turn, attract many predators. In fact, this zone has the highest concentration of lions in Africa. Day 4 After breakfast, we drive to Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre. Here you will learn about the sterling work being done in rehabilitating injured and orphaned animals. You will get close and personal to some of the residents, including lions and leopards. Your understanding of Wildlife Conservation will be greatly improved. Return to Tremisana for lunch. After lunch we enjoy a 3hr game drive on Balule. Return to Tremisana for dinner and overnight. Day 5 Enjoy another full day of game viewing in the Kruger National Park. Day 6 Enjoy a Sunrise Drive, After breakfast, drive via the Panorama Route to see the scenic splendours including the Three Rondawels and the Blyde Canyon. We return to Johannesburg in the late afternoon. Airport drop-off by arrangement.
IncludesAll entrance fees, conservation fees, and taxes All breakfasts and dinners All lunches, except for on transfer days and day 5 All game drives and bush walks Pickup and drop-off at O. R. Tambo International Airport or Johannesburg hotel Free Wi-Fi
- Transfers to the lodges are included in the package. All transfers that depart from O. R. Tambo International Airport depart no later than 9:30 AM and flights should be booked accordingly. Allowance needs to be made for arrival and customs to meet your driver on time. Drop-offs at the airport are by 5:00 PM on the last day. Again, allowance needs to be made for check-in and boarding. Please bear this in mind when booking flights
- You will be collected from your Johannesburg hotel (location dependent) or airport on the day of departure as mentioned
- Stops are made during the transfer days for lunch. During game drives in the Kruger Park, stops are made at rest camps for lunch