Montecasino Entertainment Complex
An essential stop for all Johannesburg visitors ... and residents!
Montecasino is a comprehensive, world class, entertainment complex situated in the middle of up-market Sandton, in northern Johannesburg. Designed in the style of a Tuscan Castle enclosing an Italian village, Montecasino truly is an experience for both locals and foreigners alike.
With the focus on entertainment, the complex is open 24 hours a day and its offerings include:
- A huge Casino area with 1700 slot machines and over 70 gaming tables, including a Salon Prive, the only dice table in Southern Africa, and an exclusive official Poker Lounge
- The enormous Teatro Theatre and the more intimate Pieter Tourien Theatre for local and international productions,
- A whole cinema complex with the latest feature films,
- Numerous national and international events at different times of the year
- Plenty of restaurants for fine dining, e.g. Cantare and Verdiccio, as well as the more casual take-away fare,
- The Bird Gardens with a large variety of colourful birds, a walk-through aviary, and a regular bird show,
- The Piazza, an outdoor square with its musical fountains and outdoor stage on which a host of entertainment takes place, and,
- Numerous retail stores, including the well-known Skoobs Bookshop.
Montecasino also includes 3 entirely different styles of Hotels, suitable for a one night stay or a week long holiday away from it all:
- The Palazzo Hotel, which is a sophisticated, elegant Hotel for both business or leisure purposes
- The Southern Sun Montecasino, which is a contemporary Hotel, designed for those who enjoy their comfort in a modern setting, and
- The Sun Square, which is for the person with an eye on his budget but who still likes the feel of a chic Hotel.
Conference facilities are available in various options and sizes, making Montecasino the ideal place for an executive to combine business with pleasure – without having to leave the complex!
Montecasino is easily accessible by road – it is just 2 km away from the William Nicol Road off-ramp from the N1 freeway. It is also easily accessible by means of the Gautrain, which runs from OR Tambo Airport to its Sandton Station, from where you can catch a Gautrain Bus directly to Montecasino. There are plenty of shuttles and taxis servicing Montecasino, so getting to and from your entertainment is in itself a pleasure!
Montecasino is truly one of those places that you just have to see and experience whilst you are in South Africa. Your visit would not be complete without at least a day if not longer being spent its amazing vibe and splendour.