Travel Pass Hop-on Hop-off Bus - Cape Town to Johannesburg
Enjoy the freedom to discover South Africa at your own pace with a hop-on hop-off door-to-door bus service. Travel & Stop everywhere between Cape Town and Johannesburg through the Garden Route, the Wild Coast and the Drakensberg.
Are you a business owner in Johannesburg?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Johannesburg.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Travel in the comfort of a 19 seater semi-luxury bus with on board wifi, USB port, TV & DVD, air conditioning, trailers and create your own itinerary
- Plan your own route, decide where to start and end your trip, which stops you would like to make, and how much time you want to spend in each cities
- Stay safe thanks to convenient pickup and drop-off available from the door of your accommodation to the door of the next one from over 40 cities
- Meet fellow travelers who share your passion for exploring and adventure, share your travel tips and have fun with people from all over the world
- Enjoy freedom and flexibility, organise your plans long in advance or last minute, change your mind and update your travel itinerary without fees
- Get picked-up & drop off at the door of the best accommodations South Africa offer
DescriptionPlan your own route, decide where to start, which stops you would like to make, where you finish your trip and how much time you want to spend in each town. Depending on the travel pass you choose, your ticket will only expire after 7 days, 14 days or 21 days. Choose your desired pick-up and drop off points from a list of over 200 accommodations in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban, Johannesburg, Pretoria and dozens of smaller towns along the way. Enjoy the flexibility to get on and off as many times as you want. Either pre-book all of your stretches in advance or book each section of your itinerary as you travel if you prefer to be more spontaneous (at least 72 hours notice is recommended). Reserve your desired bus rides with the local tour operator by providing your name, ticket number, departure date, pick-up town and accommodation and drop-off point. You will be given a confirmation number for each stretch. Buses only run during the days and not during nights. Buses are 19 seater semi-luxury buses with onboard Wifi, USB port, TV, DVD players, air conditioning and trailers capable of carrying surfboards and bicycles. Please note that Port Elizabeth and Durban are compulsory overnight stopovers. All accommodation needs to be booked directly with accommodation of your choice. Each year the local tour operator select the best accommodations South Africa has to offer and collect and drop off from their doors. From backpackers hostels, guest houses, lodges and hotels, the establishements on their list suit every budget and travel style. Also note that some of the locations shown on the map with dotted lines are only accessible through the use of independent shuttle services (not included in the ticket price) which link to the bus route. If you require shuttle services, you will need to pre-arrange them directly with the accommodation offering the service.
IncludesFuel surcharge Shared transfer Friendly, helpful and experienced driver The driver will be using a headset for passengers to hear him clearly Accommodation pick-up and drop-off (selected accommodation only, refer to Departure list) Trailer attached so you can bring along your bike, surfboard or Golf Set, etc. No extra charge when changing trip details before the pick up time On board information files about accommodation and activities in each town Shuttle cost for inaccessible areas Accommodation Meals Activities
- Refer to Timetable and days of departure for each bus when planning your itinerary
- Refer to Arrival and Departure List to choose your pick-up point and book your accommodations
- Reserve your seats in advance with the local supplier as seating is subject to availability
- Times given on the timetable are only a guideline. Times depend on traffic, roadworks, etc.
- You need to be ready 15 minutes prior to pick up time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Please note that the date you select is not binding. You can arrange a different date of departure with the tour provider after purchase. Your ticket has no expiry date so you can buy now and travel anytime
Easy cancellationThis activity is non-refundable
You may also like
Half-Day City Tour
Spend the morning exploring Johannesburg and taking in the highlights, including the Westcliff views, Nelson Mandela Bridge, Museum Africa, Mary Fitzgerald Square & Newto6 ReviewsFrom ZAR 869.00
Kruger Park: 5-Day Tree House Safari
Combine guided sunrise bush walks, Big 5 safari tours in an open safari vehicle, and evenings spent under the stars enjoying an authentic African bushveld braai (barbequeFrom ZAR 12,268.00
Full-Day Amandla Tour from Johannesburg
Travel along the footpaths of South Africa's freedom fighters and experience the cities of Johannesburg and Soweto on this full-day tour. Highlights include the Regina MuFrom ZAR 2,595.00
Johannesburg Lion Park and Pilanesberg Safari
Visit the famous lion and safari park and view lions up close. Then head on to the world-renowned Pilanesberg National Park for a 3-hour safari across a 55,000 hectare wiFrom ZAR 3,282.00
Johanessburg: Kruger National Park Budget Camping Safari
A safari package designed for travelers on a budget, but still wanting to view the best the Kruger National Park has to offer. Over the course of several days, you will tFrom ZAR 8,534.00
Soweto Tour with Lesedi Cultural Village
Your Africa visit will not be complete without this tour. Visit Soweto, the epicenter of apartheid, and learn in detail about the path of democracy and how the town becam2 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,188.00
Pilanesberg, Sun City and Valley of the Waves Waterpark
Enjoy a ride to Pilanesberg National Park to embark on the day's search for the Big 5 or some magnificent antelopes. Gaze in wonder at the stunning landscape and variety3 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,840.00
- Best Seller
1 or 2 Day Johannesburg Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour
Tour Johannesburg at your own pace on board a double-decker tourist bus and see the best sights the city has to offer from a preferential point of view.84 ReviewsFrom ZAR 219.00
Cradle of Human Kind and Lesedi Cultural Village Day Tour
Experience both of these places in one day, filled with history and culture. See the diverse cultures of South Africa at Lesedi Cultural Village and learn how they shape1 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,334.00
From Jo'burg: Lion Park & Cradle of Humankind with Lunch
Take a full-day tour to the Cradle of Humankind, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that’s not far from Johannesburg and Pretoria. Visit the Lion Park, the Sterkfontein Caves20 ReviewsFrom ZAR 3,063.00