Travel Pass Hop-on Hop-off Bus - Cape Town to Johannesburg
Enjoy the freedom to discover South Africa at your own pace with a hop-on hop-off door-to-door bus service. Travel & Stop everywhere between Cape Town and Johannesburg through the Garden Route, the Wild Coast and the Drakensberg.
Are you a business owner in Johannesburg?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Johannesburg.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Travel in the comfort of a 19 seater semi-luxury bus with on board wifi, USB port, TV & DVD, air conditioning, trailers and create your own itinerary
- Plan your own route, decide where to start and end your trip, which stops you would like to make, and how much time you want to spend in each cities
- Stay safe thanks to convenient pickup and drop-off available from the door of your accommodation to the door of the next one from over 40 cities
- Meet fellow travelers who share your passion for exploring and adventure, share your travel tips and have fun with people from all over the world
- Enjoy freedom and flexibility, organise your plans long in advance or last minute, change your mind and update your travel itinerary without fees
- Get picked-up & drop off at the door of the best accommodations South Africa offer
DescriptionPlan your own route, decide where to start, which stops you would like to make, where you finish your trip and how much time you want to spend in each town. Depending on the travel pass you choose, your ticket will only expire after 7 days, 14 days or 21 days. Choose your desired pick-up and drop off points from a list of over 200 accommodations in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban, Johannesburg, Pretoria and dozens of smaller towns along the way. Enjoy the flexibility to get on and off as many times as you want. Either pre-book all of your stretches in advance or book each section of your itinerary as you travel if you prefer to be more spontaneous (at least 72 hours notice is recommended). Reserve your desired bus rides with the local tour operator by providing your name, ticket number, departure date, pick-up town and accommodation and drop-off point. You will be given a confirmation number for each stretch. Buses only run during the days and not during nights. Buses are 19 seater semi-luxury buses with onboard Wifi, USB port, TV, DVD players, air conditioning and trailers capable of carrying surfboards and bicycles. Please note that Port Elizabeth and Durban are compulsory overnight stopovers. All accommodation needs to be booked directly with accommodation of your choice. Each year the local tour operator select the best accommodations South Africa has to offer and collect and drop off from their doors. From backpackers hostels, guest houses, lodges and hotels, the establishements on their list suit every budget and travel style. Also note that some of the locations shown on the map with dotted lines are only accessible through the use of independent shuttle services (not included in the ticket price) which link to the bus route. If you require shuttle services, you will need to pre-arrange them directly with the accommodation offering the service.
IncludesFuel surcharge Shared transfer Friendly, helpful and experienced driver The driver will be using a headset for passengers to hear him clearly Accommodation pick-up and drop-off (selected accommodation only, refer to Departure list) Trailer attached so you can bring along your bike, surfboard or Golf Set, etc. No extra charge when changing trip details before the pick up time On board information files about accommodation and activities in each town Shuttle cost for inaccessible areas Accommodation Meals Activities
- Refer to Timetable and days of departure for each bus when planning your itinerary
- Refer to Arrival and Departure List to choose your pick-up point and book your accommodations
- Reserve your seats in advance with the local supplier as seating is subject to availability
- Times given on the timetable are only a guideline. Times depend on traffic, roadworks, etc.
- You need to be ready 15 minutes prior to pick up time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Please note that the date you select is not binding. You can arrange a different date of departure with the tour provider after purchase. Your ticket has no expiry date so you can buy now and travel anytime
Easy cancellationThis activity is non-refundable
You may also like
From Cradle of Humankind Half-Day Shared Tour
Visit the Cradle of Humankind, an archaeological site where 40% of human ancestors' fossils have been found. Explore the Sterkfontein Caves and the Maropeng Centre to leaFrom ZAR 1,310.00
Joburg/Soweto & Gold Reef City Full Day Tour
Experience a combination of Joburg City with Soweto and Gold Reef City Theme Park & Museum. An orientation of the city which hosts high skyscrapers and the daily buzz ofFrom ZAR 1,921.00
- Best Seller
From Full-Day Kruger National Park Safari
Enjoy a full-day trip to Kruger National Park, and keep an eye out for the Big 5, other unique animals and beautiful scenery in one of the largest reserves in Africa.3 ReviewsFrom ZAR 5,470.00
From Pretoria, Soweto & Apartheid Museum Tour
Enjoy this full-day Pretoria, Johannesburg, Soweto and Apartheid tour that will introduce you to the history of South Africa. Visit various Soweto where the history of ap26 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,334.00
Pilanesberg National Park: 2-Day Safari with Chalet
Experience everything Pilanesberg National Park has to offer over just two days. This Pilanesberg safari departs from your accommodation in Johannesberg or Pretoria, and2 ReviewsFrom ZAR 7,030.00
Cradle of Humankind: Shared Half-Day Tour
Discover the Cradle of Humankind Sterkfontein Caves and Maropeng Center one of the worlds most productive and archaeological sites, a well known, well informative visitor21 ReviewsFrom ZAR 1,215.00
Private One-Way or Return Transfer to Sun City
Enjoy a private transfer to Sun City in the North-west from OR Tambo International Hotels or Johannesburg Hotels. Enjoy the privacy in an air- conditioned van as you makeFrom ZAR 1,605.00
Pilanesberg Full-Day Shared Safari with Sun City Visit
Enjoy a closed and open vehicle game drive at Pilanesberg Game Reserve and get the opportunity to see a range of African wildlife, including the Big Five. In between, tak2 ReviewsFrom ZAR 3,448.00
Lion and Safari Park & Cradle of Humankind Full-Day Tour
See the animals up close at the Lion Park and discover the Cradle of Humankind Sterkfontein Caves, one of the worlds most productive and important archaeological sites. A14 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,266.00
Kruger Park: 5-Day Tree House Safari
Combine guided sunrise bush walks, Big 5 safari tours in an open safari vehicle, and evenings spent under the stars enjoying an authentic African bushveld braai (barbequeFrom ZAR 12,268.00