Soweto by Bike | Half-Day Johannesburg Cycle Tour
Soweto Bicycle Tours provides a unique take on township tourism. Discover this popular alternative tour. This is the perfect way to see Johannesburg, from Vilakazi Street to Sophiatown.
Are you a business owner in Johannesburg?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Johannesburg.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Soweto Township
- Learn about Soweto History
- Visit Hector Pieterson's Memorial
- See Nelson Mandela's home and Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu's home
- Learn about the history of Apartheid
DescriptionExperience this exciting and eco-friendly tour around the streets of Soweto. Go out for a half-day cycling adventure around the township and get to know the different communities and their histories. Visit sites including a former migrant workers hostel for men. Here you will be introduced to the culture and life today by your local site guide. Continue to Meadowlands, famous for the forced removals from Sophiatown in the 1950's. Cycle through historical landmarks of the 1976 student uprisings and visit the memorial site of Hector Pieterson. You will also cycle down Vilakazi Street where Nelson Mandela used to live and where Bishop Desmond Tutu has his home. Stop for a local lunch of Kota (township burger) and finish the tour off at the local shebeen, have a drink, play pool and dance to kwaito music. This tour gives you insight into Soweto's many different faces, the Soweto uprisings and the resistance against Apartheid. You will also see and learn how the communities have changed and developed into what they are today.
IncludesBikes and all equipment Many beautiful, varied sights along the bike route Personal service from excellent local guides A 750ml bottle of Dew mineral water as well as snacks Special equipment such as toe-clips or other customizations. Contact Bike and Saddle regarding extra equipment.
- Rates are quoted per trip and per person and include Value Added Tax of 14%.
- Bike and Saddle reserves the right to alter or amend rates and trip details at any time.
- Cancellations must be received prior to noon on the day before your scheduled trip to avoid penalties. A 100% refund will be given if these cancellation terms are met. If you cancel after noon on the day before your trip, you forfeit 100% of the trip fee. This includes 'no-shows'. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note that cancellations must be made in writing and will not be deemed received by Bike and Saddle unless Bike and Saddle confirms it in writing.
- The owners and management of Bike and Saddle cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property or for any possessions of bike tour guests.
- Departure times are not flexible; please ensure that you are familiar with the departure location and time.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Kruger Park: 3-Day Tree House Safari
Combine guided sunrise bush walks, Big 5 safari tours in an open safari vehicle, and evenings spent under the stars enjoying an authentic African bushveld braai (barbequeFrom ZAR 10,416.00
Kruger National Park: 2-Day Safari with Chalet Accommodation
Experience the beauty of Kruger National Park on a 2-day safari and look for the legendary Big 5 and other wild animals in their natural environment. Sleep in chalet acco3 ReviewsFrom ZAR 8,510.00
Lesedi Cultural Village Half Day Tour
Lesedi Cultural Village showcases the different tribes of South Africa and their indigenous cultures that will make you appreciate South African Culture. Home to various2 ReviewsFrom ZAR 1,896.00
Sun City & Pilanesberg Nature Reserve Full-Day Tour
Enjoy a closed vehicle game drive at Pilanesberg Game Reserve to see the 'Big Five' game and birds. Then take a guided tour of the glamorous Sun City entertainment comple3 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,500.00
Johannesburg Lion Park and Pilanesberg Safari
Visit the famous lion and safari park and view lions up close. Then head on to the world-renowned Pilanesberg National Park for a 3-hour safari across a 55,000 hectare wiFrom ZAR 3,282.00
Cradle of Humankind and Sterkfontein Caves Half-Day Tour
The Maropeng Visitor Center is an exciting, worldclass exhibition, focusing on the development of humans and their ancestors over the past few million years. The Sterkfon11 ReviewsFrom ZAR 1,459.00
- Best Seller
Full-Day Pilanesberg Game Reserve Safari With Closed Vehicle
Ride through Pilanesberg Game Reserve searching for the park's most iconic animals, including The Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and the elusive leopard). This ful137 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,603.55
From Lion & Safari Park Half-Day Tour
Experience lions other carnivores like cheetahs, hyenas and wild dogs, up close and personal on your Lion Park Safari. You might see the rare white lion on your safari an30 ReviewsFrom ZAR 1,240.00
Private One-Way or Return Transfer to Sun City
Enjoy a private transfer to Sun City in the North-west from OR Tambo International Hotels or Johannesburg Hotels. Enjoy the privacy in an air- conditioned van as you makeFrom ZAR 1,605.00
Johanessburg: 3-Day Pilanesberg Camping Adventure
A 3-day adventurous camping trip through Pilanesberg National Park. Partnered with an experienced guide, you will enjoy both closed and open-roofed safari tours, which wiFrom ZAR 6,710.00