Soweto by Bike | Half-Day Johannesburg Cycle Tour
Soweto Bicycle Tours provides a unique take on township tourism. Discover this popular alternative tour. This is the perfect way to see Johannesburg, from Vilakazi Street to Sophiatown.
Are you a business owner in Johannesburg?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Johannesburg.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Soweto Township
- Learn about Soweto History
- Visit Hector Pieterson's Memorial
- See Nelson Mandela's home and Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu's home
- Learn about the history of Apartheid
DescriptionExperience this exciting and eco-friendly tour around the streets of Soweto. Go out for a half-day cycling adventure around the township and get to know the different communities and their histories. Visit sites including a former migrant workers hostel for men. Here you will be introduced to the culture and life today by your local site guide. Continue to Meadowlands, famous for the forced removals from Sophiatown in the 1950's. Cycle through historical landmarks of the 1976 student uprisings and visit the memorial site of Hector Pieterson. You will also cycle down Vilakazi Street where Nelson Mandela used to live and where Bishop Desmond Tutu has his home. Stop for a local lunch of Kota (township burger) and finish the tour off at the local shebeen, have a drink, play pool and dance to kwaito music. This tour gives you insight into Soweto's many different faces, the Soweto uprisings and the resistance against Apartheid. You will also see and learn how the communities have changed and developed into what they are today.
IncludesBikes and all equipment Many beautiful, varied sights along the bike route Personal service from excellent local guides A 750ml bottle of Dew mineral water as well as snacks Special equipment such as toe-clips or other customizations. Contact Bike and Saddle regarding extra equipment.
- Rates are quoted per trip and per person and include Value Added Tax of 14%.
- Bike and Saddle reserves the right to alter or amend rates and trip details at any time.
- Cancellations must be received prior to noon on the day before your scheduled trip to avoid penalties. A 100% refund will be given if these cancellation terms are met. If you cancel after noon on the day before your trip, you forfeit 100% of the trip fee. This includes 'no-shows'. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note that cancellations must be made in writing and will not be deemed received by Bike and Saddle unless Bike and Saddle confirms it in writing.
- The owners and management of Bike and Saddle cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property or for any possessions of bike tour guests.
- Departure times are not flexible; please ensure that you are familiar with the departure location and time.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
From Jo'burg: Lion Park & Cradle of Humankind with Lunch
Take a full-day tour to the Cradle of Humankind, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that’s not far from Johannesburg and Pretoria. Visit the Lion Park, the Sterkfontein Caves20 ReviewsFrom ZAR 3,063.00
Cradle of Humankind and Sterkfontein Caves Half-Day Tour
The Maropeng Visitor Center is an exciting, worldclass exhibition, focusing on the development of humans and their ancestors over the past few million years. The Sterkfon11 ReviewsFrom ZAR 1,459.00
Small Group Walking Tour w/ a Local & Markets
The best of Jozi can be tricky to find on your own. Enlist the help of a local guide on this Johannesburg tour that side steps the usual spots and embraces things like ar16 ReviewsFrom ZAR 584.00
Small Group Soweto Bike Tour w/ a Local
Cycle straight into the soul of South Africa on this Johannesburg tour through the streets of iconic Soweto. See where Mandela once called home, cycle past Desmond Tutu's5 ReviewsFrom ZAR 1,415.00
- Best Seller
Full-Day Pilanesberg Game Reserve Safari With Closed Vehicle
Ride through Pilanesberg Game Reserve searching for the park's most iconic animals, including The Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and the elusive leopard). This ful137 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,603.55
Pilanesberg National Park: 2-Day Safari with Chalet
Experience everything Pilanesberg National Park has to offer over just two days. This Pilanesberg safari departs from your accommodation in Johannesberg or Pretoria, and2 ReviewsFrom ZAR 7,030.00
Private Pilanesberg National Park Closed Vehicle Safari
Enjoy a trip to see the big 5 in Pilanesberg National Park which is just 2 hours from Johannesburg. You will be picked up from your hotel in Johannesburg and taken to seeFrom ZAR 2,772.00
Pilanesberg National Park: Full-Day Safari from Johannesburg
Enjoy a full-day safari to Pilanesberg National Park as you keep an eye out for lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos, buffalos and more.10 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,400.00
Soweto Half-Day Tour
Ready to visit a city within a city? Ready to experience photogenic, bustling Soweto? On this half-day tour to Soweto, your guide will take you through all the hot-spots3 ReviewsFrom ZAR 700.00
Soweto Night Tour
Can't get enough of Soweto and want to mingle and have a good time with the locals? On this afternoon and night out in Soweto, you will be led by a tour guide who knows tFrom ZAR 1,269.00