Get the experience of being a local Soweto resident by spending your day in one of the largest townships in South Africa; as we drive and walk through the vibrant Soweto Township.
Come enjoy the day as we go through the Rich history and culture in Soweto, we will also have lunch at one of the local restaurants before we end our day at the Apartheid Museum where you will learn about the events of apartheid in South Africa.
• Pick up at residence.
• Stop at the FNB Stadium which hosted the 2010 Soccer World Cup Final.
• Drive past the hostels which has been transformed from migrant labour accommodation to informal family units.
• Drive past Chris Hani Baragwanath hospital which is the one of the largest hospitals.
• We then view the Soweto Towers which is now the landmark of Soweto.
• Then we visit one of the most prestigious streets in the world Vilakazi Street; which was home to the 2 Noble Peace Prize Winners Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela here you will get a chance to do some souvenir shopping and visit the Mandela House Museum.
• Visit the Hector Pieterson Memorial; where you will get an overview of the events of the 1976 Soweto Student Uprising.
• Tour ends we drive back for guests drop off.
Hotel pickup and drop-off.
Entry ticket to Mandela House.
Hector Peterson Memorial (no entry ticket)
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund