My Guide Website?
Soweto: Bike Tour with a Local Tour Guide34 Reviews
Learn about the 1976 student uprising, get to know the Hector Peterson's story, and experience life in Soweto.
- Visit the Hector Peterson memorial
- Cycle along the most famous street on the African continent, Vilakazi Street
- Interact with the locals
- See the homes of Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu
DescriptionThis short tour will let you experience day to day life in the township. Meet your local tour guide and start the bike tour. You will be able to visit famous spots including Nelson Mandela's house, Archbishop Desmond Tutu's house, Vilakazi, Orlando stadium, and the Hector Peterson memorial. Learn about the incidents that happened on the fateful day of 16 June in 1976 when Hector Peterson was shot and killed by the police during the student protests. This tour includes a little bit of exercise and is eco-friendly. You get to cycle on the most famous street on the African continent, Vilakazi Street. Interact with locals and see how life goes in South Africa's most famous township. You will have the opportunity to support local small businesses on the way. You can bring small change or items that you would like to donate.
IncludesBicycle Helmet English-speaking guide Entrance fee museums Orlando towers bungee jumping Food or drink
- • You must be at least 8 years old
- You must be able to ride a bicycle • Please wear comfortable clothing and bring sunscreen and a hat • Please advise us if you wish to arrange a different departure time
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now