My Guide Website?
Johannesburg: Soweto Apartheid & Township Tour with Lunch48 Reviews
Visit Soweto, a city within a city. Experience this photogenic, bustling township on a full-day tour. Your local guide, who was born and raised in the area, will take you past all of the hotspots in Soweto. A traditional township lunch is included.
- Visit a shanty town to interact with local people and meet vibrant young community leaders
- Drive past the former home of Nelson Mandela and the home of Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- Learn about the history of South Africa at the world famous Apartheid Museum
- Stop for a traditional lunch
- See all the most important sights of Soweto
DescriptionAfter collecting you from your hotel or residence in Johannesburg, your guide will give you a quick tour briefing before you depart for Soweto (South Western Township). Explore the good, the bad, and the ugly facets of this area. On the way to Soweto you will pass the National Football Stadium, which hosted the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2010 World Cup. Enter the Diepkloof area, where you will walk past vendors selling just about anything. In Orlando West you will visit Vilakazi Street to drive past the former home of Nelson Mandela and the home of Archbishop Desmond Tutu. You will have the opportunity to read about the Soweto uprising on June 16th 1976, which kick-started the liberation of South Africa. During the tour, you will pass Mandela House. A visit to the museum is optional. The tour continues with a drive to one of the shanty towns, where you will have the chance to interact with some of the locals. Then drive past the Soweto Campus of Johannesburg University and see the view of the largest hospital in the world, Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital. After lunch in Soweto you will visit the world famous Apartheid Museum. Here you will learn about the history of apartheid and the South African liberation struggle.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Sightseeing in Soweto Entrance fee to the Hector Pieterson Museum Entrance fee to the Apartheid Museum Visit to an informal settlement Traditional lunch Free onboard Wi-Fi
- For every individual booking made for this tour, an R50 donation is made to the Motsoaledi Day Care Centre which is used for building upgrade projects and buying what’s on their wish list
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromZAR 1,555.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today