My Guide Website?
Johannesburg: Maboneng Street Art & Culture Tour
Come explore the vibrant and meaningful street art in Maboneng while learning about how it's culture is slowly transforming life in the inner City!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Johannesburg:If youʻre booking your trip to Johannesburg last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Johannesburg: Pan-African Cooking & Dinning Experience
- Johannesburg: Taste of Africa Food Tour
- Johannesburg: Downtown Walking Tour
- Johannesburg: Lion Park Safari and Cultural Village Tour
- Johannesburg : City Centre Walking Tour
- Street Art by international & local Artists i.e. 'ESPO' Powers, DBongz etc.!
- Visit the 'Hide-out Bar' - reported hideout for Anti-Apartheid Activists!
- Cultural diversity i.e. art galleries, book & curio stores, restaurants etc.!
- Evolution of Maboneng from 2009 - COVID - today!
- Rooftops with amazing views of the City and City Skyline (WED - SUN)
DescriptionWe meet at the local and popular Home of the Bean Coffee shop where guests can enjoy a delicious cup of coffee before the tour begins! From there, we head out into the streets of Maboneng and have a look at all of the wonderful Street Art found all across the precinct and talk about the meaning and artists behind some of the iconic murals! As we walk the streets, we also pop into some really memorable spaces - Angoni Art Gallery for local art - Hideout Bar at Curiocity Backpackers - an alleged hideout for Mandela and other activists during apartheid! - Collectors Treasury for its large collection of 2nd hand books (if open!) Maboneng is a culturally diverse neighbourhood with strong historical links to the mining industry of the past but also represents what life in the city could be like in the future! Take a walk with us as we uncover the hidden gems found in this wonderful neighbourhood and special place in the inner city of Johannesburg!
IncludesEntry to all sites visited!
- There is a lot of Street Artists and local informal traders on the streets, if guests are interested in buying anything along the tour, they should bring some cash/card!