My Guide Website?
Johannesburg: East City Cycle Tour2 Reviews
- Witness exciting new urban developments in Joburg's iconic east-side districts
- Soak up its amazing sites and history from your knowledgable guide
- Explore the public art developments of the Maboneng Precinct, Doornfontein, and its surrounding community
- Breathe in the fresh air and feel active as you cycle around the city
- Wander around Kwa Mai-Mai traditional healers market
DescriptionEmbark on a 2-hour cycling tour of Johannesburg and experience its history, public art and cultural sites. Peddle through Joburg's iconic east-side districts, marvel at its incredible architecture, and breathe in the fresh air. Visit Jeppestown, established after 1886 by C.E.G. Julius Jeppe, who formed the Ford and Jeppe Estate Company with his son. Then, learn about the cultural history of the Maboneng Precinct, which has been transformed from a place of downtown urban decay to a center of creative energy for Johannesburg’s urban artists. Maboneng, a Sotho word meaning “place of light”, is a fitting name for this regenerated district. See its vibrant restaurants, coffee shops, clothing boutiques and art galleries, and its chic, art-loving crowd. Cycle to Doornfontein – the area, whose name means 'thorn fountain', was once a site for digging gold. Visit Victoria Yards, a uniquely integrated urban complex where tenants thrive as a community. Finish your illuminating cycle at Troyeville, another product of the gold rush. Learn about Joburg's fascinating urban history from your knowledgable guide, and get active as you explore the city!
IncludesGuide fee Bicycle Helmet
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Please wear comfortable shoes and comfortable clothes
- Please wear sunscreen
- Sunglasses are recommended