An ultimate experience of Johannesburg & Soweto tour we explore the history, architecture, the culture and museums of the vibrant City and Township of Gold.
This tour will give you an overall about South Africa’s history as we visit various attractions in both Johannesburg and Soweto.
• Pick up at residence.
• Visit the Constitution Hill which was built as a prison and today is home to the Highest Court in South Africa it tells the story of our journey to democracy.
• We then drive through Braamfontein and Newtown talking about life in the city and some interesting architectural buildings.
• We visit the Apartheid Museum, here you will learn about the events of apartheid in South.
• We then drive to Soweto one of the biggest townships in South Africa.
• Drive through the FNB Stadium which hosted the 2010 Soccer World Cup Final.
• We then start our Soweto tour in Diepkloof as we discuss about the different housing.
• Drive past the hostels which has been transformed from migrant labour accommodation to informal family units.
• Drive past Chris Hani Baragwanath hospital which is the one of the largest hospitals.
• We then view the Soweto Towers which is now the landmark of Soweto.
• Then we stop at one of the most prestigious streets in the world Vilakazi Street; which was home to the 2 Noble Peace Prize Winners Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela here you will get a chance to do some souvenir shopping and visit the Mandela House Museum.
• Visit the Hector Pietersen Museum; where you will get an overview of the events of the 1976 Soweto Student Uprising.
• Tour ends drop off at residence.
Pick up and drop off.
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund