My Guide Website?
Johannesburg and Soweto Apartheid Full Day Tour167 Reviews
Explore the heart of bustling Johannesburg, the third largest city in Africa. Visit various Soweto areas where the history of Apartheid began in 1948. Learn about and understand the country's difficult past with a local, knowledgeable guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Johannesburg:If youʻre booking your trip to Johannesburg last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Johannesburg: Pan-African Cooking & Dinning Experience
- Johannesburg: Taste of Africa Food Tour
- Johannesburg: Downtown Walking Tour
- Johannesburg: Lion Park Safari and Cultural Village Tour
- Johannesburg : City Centre Walking Tour
- Explore the heart of Johannesburg and see landmark buildings
- Visit the Constitutional Hill Museum
- Learn about the county's turbulent past with a local guide
DescriptionTake a comprehensive tour of Johannesburg, Soweto, and the Apartheid Museum (opened from Wednesday - Sunday). Pass important landmarks and learn about the country's difficult history of Apartheid. Be picked up from your hotel for a full-day tour of Johannesburg, the Apartheid Museum, and Soweto. Begin your explorations in the heart of bustling Johannesburg, the third-largest city in Africa. Pass landmark buildings and structures such as the Hillbrow Tower, one of the tallest towers in Africa, the sky-scraping Ponte City, Sentech and Carlton Centre Towers, and the multimillion-rand Nelson Mandela Bridge. Once a prison and military fort, visit the Constitutional Hill Museum and learn about South Africa's journey to democracy. Be humbled as you hear and see the struggles South Africa endured during its societal transitional phases such as the Apartheid. Leaving the hustle and bustle of central Johannesburg behind, the tour will proceed to historical Soweto, an iconic South African township that experienced many student uprisings and much police brutality during the apartheid era. Visit the Hector Pieterson Museum and Memorial, and see the house of Nelson Mandela. After an interesting and thought-provoking day head back to your hotel on a comfortable air-conditioned bus.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Transportation by air-conditioned minivan or sedan Local driver/guide Entrance fees Bottled water
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Dress code is casual and comfortable, walking shoes are recommended