My Guide Website?
Johannesburg: 5-Day Classic Kruger National Park Safari1 Reviews
Marvel at African wildlife on this 5-day safari. Enjoy a sunset game drive, an exciting bush barbecue, a 4-hr bush walk with an armed ranger, 2 full days in the Kruger Park, a sunrise drive and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Johannesburg:If youʻre booking your trip to Johannesburg last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Johannesburg: Lion Park Safari and Cultural Village Tour
- Johannesburg: Taste of Africa Food Tour
- From Johannesburg: Pilanesberg Nature Reserve Game Safari
- Johannesburg: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus with Optional Soweto Tour
- Johannesburg: Maboneng Walking Tour
- Enjoy an exciting 4-hr sunset drive and a sunrise drive on Balule Big 5 Reserve
- Feast on a magical bush barbecue under the stars at Marula Tree Boma deep in the African bush
- Take a thrilling 4-hour bushwalk with armed rangers
- Delight in 2 full-day game drives in the famous Kruger National Park
- Enjoy an early morning sunrise game drive
DescriptionDay 1 Pick up from your hotel in JHB or O.R. Tambo Airport and travel via the Highveld grasslands to Tremisana Game Lodge in the Kruger Park. Board an open Landcruiser for a 4h Sunset Drive, your first opportunity to experience the fauna and flora of Africa. Watch the magnificent African sunset and, after dark, use a spotlight to view nocturnal animals. Dinner at the Marula Tree Boma will be a BUSH BBQ. After dinner, continue with your Night Drive and overnight in en suite air conditioned chalets. Day 2 At sunrise, drive to the mighty Olifants River to enjoy a 4h Bush Walk. Your rangers will lead you through the bush at a pace you can handle. The thrill of following big animals will remain with you forever. Adrenalin surges will be acute, notwithstanding that your rangers are adequately armed. Return to Tremisana for brunch. Later you may sleep in your air-conditioned chalet, swim or read wildlife magazines in our Lapa Lounge. Lunch will be served in the Lapa at 13h30. At 15h30 we enjoy a 4h sundowner game drive. The rangers are in constant contact so as to be informed of the movements of the animals. Return to Tremisana at 19h30.in Africa. Day 3 Drive to the Orpen Gate of Kruger on a custom-built open-sided Game Viewer. You will have an opportunity to view game without intervening glass windows and also listen to and smell the denizens of the bush. We have regular stops at picnic spots, rest camps and places of interest. The Orpen-Satara-Nwanedzi region’s open plains attract large herds of zebra, giraffe and antelope, that, in turn, attract many predators. In fact this zone has the highest concentration of lions in Africa. Day 4 Enjoy another full day of game viewing in the Kruger National Park. Dinner and overnight at Tremisana. Day 5 Enjoy a Sunrise Drive. After breakfast, drive via the Panorama Route to see the scenic splendours including the Three Rondawels and the Blyde River Canyon. We return to Johannesburg in the late afternoon. Airport drop-off by arrangement.
IncludesAll entrance fees, conservation fees, and taxes All breakfasts and dinners and some lunches All game drives and bush walks Pickup and drop-off at Tambo International Airport or any Johannesburg hotel (depending on option selected) Free Wifi
- Transfers to the lodges are included in the package. All transfers that depart from O R Tambo International Airport (JNB) depart no later than 9:30 AM and flights should be booked accordingly. Allowance needs to be made for disembarkment and customs to meet your driver on time.
- Drop-offs at the airport are by 5 PM on the last day. Again, allowance needs to be made for check-in and boarding. Please bear this in mind when booking flights.
- It is recommended to book accommodation either in Johannesburg, at O R Tambo Airport, or in Sandton City.
- Lunches on transfer days and days spent in Kruger Park, drinks, and items of a personal nature are not included in the package. Stops are made during the transfer days for lunches. During game drives in Kruger Park, stops are made at rest camps for lunch.